Skip to main content

525,600 minutes of love, hate, pain, suffering and well, love that conquers all of that

   "525,600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year.."

   This song may sound familiar to most of you. Yes, it is Seasons of Love by RENT (as far as I know that's the original..). In a year, there are different kinds of seasons, yet, one thing cannot be doubted. In all those seasons, there is love. When there are storms, there is love. When kids play ball in the streets under the scorching sun, there is love. When Ginebra fans and Alaska fans jeer at each other, yes, there is actually love. In 525,600 minutes, there are seasons of love.

  Now, I'd like to share with a little story, if you supposed. I don't know whether to call it a story or a biography, so just call it what you may.

  Today, my dear friends, is May 27. For most, it is a a regular date, a Monday for this year's case. Well, for me, it's isn't just a regular date. It's a special date. A REALLY special date.





    Now, that conversation you see above is probably the conversation that changed my whole life. Literally. I still remember that. I couldn't sleep before that thinking that I got rejected, that I didn't have any hope. Well after that, my fortunes changed. I was happy. REALLY happy. I was literally jumping around my room due to the joy I was experiencing. FINALLY, someone actually liked me. After being rejected all these years, someone actually had mutual feelings for me. It was amazing. It was crazy. It was.. just wow. I still remember playing basketball that time, and I was telling myself, "Damn.. is this reality? Am I standing in this court... no longer heartbroken?" It was.. insane.

  Of course, the first few days of our relationship were great. We were crazy sweet to each other. Smiling was practically a must during those times. I thought that things would be smooth sailing for the rest of our relationship. I honestly thought that this would last forever. I was wrong. Dead wrong.

  We had our very first fight the first week of June, the same week of the opening of classes. How did I feel during those times? I felt horrible. I felt week. I felt hopeless. Thankfully, we made amends I few days after. Things would go back to normal.. or so I thought. During our first monthsary, well, let's just say I disappointed her. Of course afterwards, we became alright, and things got back to normal.

  Honestly, if I were to tell my whole love story with my girl, it would be like a playlist named "Heartbreak songzzz <///3" playing on repeat. Different lyrics, different melody, but same idea. We're happy. We fight. We make amends. Then we fight again. Sounds tiring right?

  Honestly, it does. Nakakapagod din. Having to go through practically the same old song and dance day in and day out... it can even be infuriating. 

  That's how relationships are, believe it or not. It can actually present more hate than love. It can give you more heartache rather than a feeling of hope. Crazy isn't it? How love can be so twisted and ironic.. it's crazy to say the least.

  Yet, you may ask, how did I hold on to Camille?

   Yes, Camille. Camille The Pretty Mermaid. That girl who made me feel like a failure. I've been holding on to her for 525,600 minutes. Has it been crazy? Yes. Has it been difficult? Yes. Has it been worth it? YES. A RESOUNDING YES.

525,600 minutes with this angel blessed to me.

  Despite all the fights that I've had with her, whether reasonable or not, and all the pain she has made me go through, it has been worth. Yes, I am saying it, it has been incredibly worth it. Some may disagree, but it has been worth it. Really worth it. 

   To end this blog post, I would like to give some messages to some people.
   
   First, to Camille, happy anniversary! It has been 525,600 minutes of love with you. Despite all that we have been through, we are here, happy and together. This has all been crazy, this past year I have spent with you. I'm thankful for all the lessons that you have taught me throughout our relationship, and I hope you have learned from me as well. Thank you, for everything. I know I have made a number of mistakes in the past, and I'm sorry for that. You are amazing, and you can be even more amazing. We will both become better.  For us and for Him. :)

   Next, to all our friends. We'd like to thank you for your support, 'cause if you guys weren't there, both of us would probably not even be here. So we thank you for the love you have given me and Camille.

   Lastly, to you guys, the guys reading the blog post.

   Whether you be a relative, a friend or a teacher; if you feel like giving up on something, think about it first. Think if giving up on this will actually bear good fruit to you. Think if losing this thing will actually make you better. Think about all of the things that can be affected by this decision of yours.

   Love is difficult. It is cliche, but it is true. Love isn't meant to be incredibly happy and joyful as most movies suggest. Setting up a fancy candle light dinner is really difficult to do, painful even. 

   In love, you will experience pain. It will hurt. At times, you'll really feel that urge to just give up and throw everything away, so that you can start from scratch. It will really be painful. 

   You will experience pain, you will hate, and you will suffer in love. But despite all of this, it is love that will conquer. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Scouting the Opposition: Troy Mallillin, future King Archer?

(Photo Credit: SLAM Philippines) Basic Information Name: Troy Mallillin Age: 18 School/Team: LSGH Greenies Years of eligibility left: 0 (Graduating)  Committed to: None (Choosing between UST, NU, Ateneo) Height: 6'3" Position: Combo Forward Projected Position: Small Forward/Shooting Guard/Point Forward Quick Hits Strengths: - Strong, college-ready body - Athleticism is off the charts - Speed is already fit for his ideal position - Versatile thanks to blend of size, athleticism, and skill - Very high upside Weaknesses: - Relatively raw - Has to work on his jump shot - Handle needs improving but is workable - Effort on defense is inconsistent Troy is best known as the NCAA MVP, but receiving the title of MVP is a tricky thing. Just because you were the MVP in the High School division doesn't mean that you'll be able to replicate those feats on the collegiate level. Former NCAA Juniors MVP Prince Rivero is undersized compared to other college big

The effects of Goldwin Monteverde's reported resignation from Adamson

On the afternoon of April 11, 2017, SPIN.ph reported that coach Goldwin Monteverde has resigned from his position as head coach of the Adamson Baby Falcons. Rumors of coach Goldwin's resignation has been going around High School basketball circles, so the news of the resignation didn't come as that much of a surprise for insiders. (Photo Credit: Hazel Siy) But for fans, the move came as quite the surprise. After all, the Baby Falcons were still projected to contend for a championship despite the controversial end that they had to their Season 79 campaign. They weren't losing that much key players to graduation, and the desire for redemption was the most important part in all of this. The fact of the matter is, Goldwin Monteverde could very well be going out of the Adamson basketball program. This move creates then a number of effects not just for the San Marcelino-based school, but also the rest of High School basketball.  1. The effect it has on the Adamson Ju

Troy Mallillin is a Blue Eagle. Now what?

(Photo Credit: Janine Torre, The GUIDON) Against the JRU Heavy Bombers, Troy Mallillin finally made his much awaited debut as a Blue Eagle. Just seeing him in uniform was already enough for fans of the Blue Eagles to go wild. Seeing a NCAA Juniors MVP wear an Ateneo jersey feels weird, for any fan. Seeing a former La Salle Greenhills player wear the blue and white? It's like an Ateneo High School boy wearing a La Salle jersey. Oh.. wait... Obviously, any Atenean is brimming with excitement right now after managing to secure (or is it really secure?) the services of the former NCAA Juniors MVP. But what else are the other implications of Troy Mallillin taking his talents to Katipunan? Let's break it down: In the short term Right now, don't expect Troy to get a lot of minutes. As mentioned before , Ateneo is filled with a number of forwards in Mike Nieto, Vince Tolentino and Raffy Verano. Shaun Ildefonso is no longer in that fray of forwards after taking his talen